Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Ok..i feel as if my whole life ive been wearing a mask..why help?

im peppy and always happy...i feel like its a mask but every1 else thinks its really me i start to act what i feel id myself and they get mad at me and say i change....but i feel im being me...y...i feel so horrible putting on this act..all the time except when im by myself im me everywhere else im always happy....and when i try to explain i feel differant and as im wearing a mask they say im saying that to cover up something else and that im changing all my life intill now the way i acted was me now it's not...y do i feel like this and y do my friends act like that???Ok..i feel as if my whole life ive been wearing a mask..why help?
this is life for everyone except the powerful people. i bet people smile when they see you coming. your way has value.Ok..i feel as if my whole life ive been wearing a mask..why help?
We all have a social mask that we wear this is the mask that we show to the world. It is a self protection against the things we don't want the world to know about us. I think you would find everyone acts differently out in public to how they are at home. Most of us don't want the world to know certain things about us because we probably feel they wouldn't like us. It is normal to feel a certain amount of you is not shown to the rest of the world.
At least you can pretend that you are always happy. We all wear masks, but some masks are better than others.


Keep wearing yours and spread happiness around you, regardless if you like it or not. The world needs more people like you.
I know how you feel. I actually got a tattoo four years ago of the 'drama faces' for just that reason, because what you see is not always what you get.
wow. that is exactly how i feel. i fee like i'm putting on an act, i'm not being myself at all. im trying to be myself but idk if people will understan, think im weird. but idk either. im stuck too.
It sounds like you are just not comfortable in your own skin. It sounds like the risk of perceived possible rejection causes you to act bubbly then later you feel even more distant and isolated and resent yourself for needing the approval of others at the expense of your own self-identity. This is normal when you are young and I can tell you it does get easier as you age. If you can learn to forgive yourself for not being perfect and come to accept yourself as a worthwhile person, then the need to put on the mask will fade. We all wear masks to some point and we all think people would not love us if they knew some of the things we thought or felt. Lose yourself in some worthwhile action serving others and you will find a self that you can like and admire. Even if you feel no better - the world will have been made better by your actions. Good luck to you on your journey.
Dear Simply Random,





You shouldn't try to please others so much. There are so many phony people out there! If you act like your real self--you will attract or draw similar people to you. If you act depressed, for instance, depressive people will be drawn to you. Think of the goth kids we have here in America. They pretty much hang out with other goth kids. (all dressed in black with black eyemakeup that sort of thing) I hope I'm making sense. It sound like some of your friends are using you, because if they really cared about you, they would let you have your moments. They sound kind of controlling. I hope I encouraged you in someway. I like Answering Questions in the UK and Ireland better, Americans can be so phony!

No comments:

Post a Comment