Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Mtg- Ivory mask and gaining life?

So if I play an ivory mask, it's a white enchantment, costs 4 mana, and makes it so that I can't be the target of spells or abilities.





Can I still gain life from a creature ability that says you may gain 1 life or so? Or not?





My combo:





Judge of currents


Aphetto Alchemist


MIstform Mask or Imagecrafter (Both can work)





The combo- While judge of currents is out, it's ability says that I gain 1 life whenever a merfolk creature is untapped. Now I use either imagecrafter or mistform mask to change the creature type of aphetto alchemist to a merfolk until end of turn. Now since aphetto alchemist is now a merfolk, he also has an ability where you tap him and you untap target artifact or creature. Allyou have to do is use aphetto alchemist's ability to tap himself and since you choose target creature to untap, you can untap the aphetto alchemist right after you tap him. SInce he is a merfolk and judge of currents is in play I gain one life whenever the aphetto alchemist is untapped. (Pretty sweet huh?) he taps and untaps himself, I can do this however many times I want, This is an infinite life combo. Then I usually use a *test of endurance* which is an enchantment that says at the beggining of my upkeep if I have 50 life or more I win the game. (Yeah...I love this combo)





So the question still is, Would I still be able to gain the life with ivory mask in play? if not then o well, not that big of a loss, but if so, it gives me something to add to my deck.





Thanks in advance, and the best answer will get 10 points.Mtg- Ivory mask and gaining life?
Yes.





The ability of Ivory Mask works if you are targeted. Since you don't target who gains the life, it just states that you do, then you gain the life. Example, if the ability was, ';Target player gains 1 life whenever a merfolk creature is untapped'; then you couldn't target yourself as you have shroud.





In short, your combo works fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment