Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Has anybody in real life ever gotten a supersuit, mask,and gagdets, and decided to fight crime as a superhero?

The only real live superhero wearing a costume I know of was Captain Sticky. (He is since deceased.) His real name was Richard Allen Pesta and he was an attorney in California (his career and his location may have something to do with the fact that he did not end his days in a loony bin or jail.)





As Captain Sticky, Pesta used a gun that fired peanut butter and jelly. He also weighed 380 lbs, so he was not one of those very athletic heroes.





It's the sort of thing I am sure we all would like to have done, but let's face it: how many times have you ever actually SEEN a crime taking place...? And had enough time to change into a costume (which you wore all the time, under your street clothes) in time to stop it...? I just hope it wasn't too hot in the summer, or that people didn't notice you sweating all the time.





It sure would be nice to have super powers, but unless you have a support network like Batman and Oracle, and his unofficial relationship with the Gotham Police Department, you don't learn about much crime in time to stop it. The only heroes that would have a chance would be those with super senses, like Superman and Daredevil. Others would be relegated to gathering information, and we already have detectives. Hostage situations...? The police would probably tell them to stay out of the way and not interfere. The hero may be bulletproof, but the hostages aren't!





And I am afraid that if there really were such super people, in the long run they would either wind up taking over the reins of government themselves and becoming villains in the end, or they would only wind up attracting villains, the way trash attracts nuisances like stray cats and dogs.Has anybody in real life ever gotten a supersuit, mask,and gagdets, and decided to fight crime as a superhero?
my dad once got me a 007 breifcase. it was the best. all kinds of things shot out of itHas anybody in real life ever gotten a supersuit, mask,and gagdets, and decided to fight crime as a superhero?
Any kid in the 70s and 80s that ever put on a pair of UNDEROOS became a super hero, That was a day in age kids could run around the backyard in their underwear!!!! (I myself had a sweet set of wonder woman underoos)!!!!!
wasn't there that tv movie about that guy who wasn't all there in the head and thought he was a super hero, ran around the neighbour hood stoping druggies and stuff, but then was killed by a gang or something, i don't really remember
That would be an interesting ticket to the crazy house or a ticket to a fast and unfriendly death. Unless you truly have a different type or gravity or the money to buy super cool toys or unless you plan on being bitten by a radioactive spider you probably would not get far. Were you born with mutant powers? Do you look good in spandex? I think it would not be the greatest of ideas. Might make an interesting entry into your personal journal but that's about it.
YEAH SURE - theres that guy Dog the bounty hunter, and boy he sure does look like a dog and he's a vigilante so yeah. Also I dress up as Catwoman (Batman Returns outfit) and rob jewellry stores and whatever I want. I live in a pent house (which I also forged the details to get).


So here I am, but you'll never catch me because this lap top is about to self destruct....
Am I really the only one who had ';Mystery Men'; the movie, come to mind?
seriously?? no
Fat Mama.
I did but when I was changing in that damned telephone booth, the cops arrested me for indecent exposure.
If they have, then the men in white coats took them away to the funny farm.
I am sure that they have - check your local funny farms. :}

No comments:

Post a Comment