Saturday, December 12, 2009

How to remove ';sun baked ';masking tape from plastic window frames?

any tips on removing sticky residue + half peeled masking tape from plastic window frames. Has been left on too long %26amp; in sunlight etc Real pain to remove .ThanksHow to remove ';sun baked ';masking tape from plastic window frames?
I had the same problem so I called in to my local UPVC shop because I know they have their own cleaning fluid.





He told me I could buy his stuff which is quite dangerous to use and very expensive, he suggest Jiff or Ciff as it's now called as the best alternative, it worked a treat.How to remove ';sun baked ';masking tape from plastic window frames?
THE BEST WAY use lighter fluid, the same one you use in a zippo lighter, soak it and let it sit a minute, then repeat. It breaks down the glue. I also use it to remove stubborn store stickers on products I buy. It works fast and great.
Yes you can buy a bottle of surgical spirit out of the chemist..pour some onto cotton wool and that will remove it for you.


It got rid of carpet tape sticky stuff on our wooden floors and its dead cheap too. x
Rub oil over it a couple of times and allow it to soak in, it should come off within a couple of applications.
Try WD-40 soak it first and then try lightly to scrub it off with like a scrubby from the kitchen.. its worked for me before
Razor blade , wet it first.
or maybe a steamer

No comments:

Post a Comment